 ----------
From: Bob
To: Dewhirst R
Subject: Re: FW: (Fwd) Dictionaries on CDRom
Date: Friday, July 04, 1997 4:47PM

> ----------
>From: David Laycock
>To: dis-forum
>Subject: (Fwd) Dictionaries on CDRom
>Date: Wednesday, June 18, 1997 10:06AM
>
>I received the following this morning, can anyone help us?
>
>My son came for an assessment for a DSA last January and one of the
>suggestions made was to obtain the Concise OED on CDRom when it became
>available for use with his Apple Powerbook 1400. I have just found out that
>this will not now be available in Mac format due to "insufficient demand".
>Do you have any other suggestions for Mac format Dictionaries?
>
>Reply to dis-forum or direct to me
>
>Thanks
>
>Dave Laycock MBE
>
>Head of CCPD, Chair of NFAC
>Computer Centre for People with Disabilities
>University of Westminster
>72 Great Portland Street
>London W1N 5AL
>
>tel. 0171-911-5161
>fax. 0171-911-5162
>WWW home page: http://www.wmin.ac.uk/ccpd/

Dad,

The only reference to a Macintosh based Dictionary that I can find is at
http://www.exceller.com/specialn.html.  On this page there is a link for
more information about a 'Home and School' dictionary.  Be aware however
that this may be a USA dictionary, therefore having crap definitions for
some words.  This is a special needs orientated site, so it may be useful.

Cheers,
Bob.

No!  Don't knit for me.