Clare Davies's request for advice stumps me : we've never had to cope
with a student with such disabilities. The only tip I can pass on is to
seek guidance from one or other of the big American universities where,
partly because of federal legislation and partly because of the
availability of resources, they are often much in advance of us and have
already had to overcome such problems.
Try UCLA at Berkeley : I couldn't get an email to them today but if you
send a message c/o the webmaster it should be passed on :
http://www.dsp.berkeley.edu/
Named contacts at :
http://www.dsp.berkeley.edu/home/who-to-see.html
If they can't help you they should be able to point you in the right
direction
Regards
Roger Thomas