On 23rd June Suzie Griffiths wrote:

> We are at present reviewing the rates of pay for our non-medical helpers. I
> would really appreciate some feedback from other institutions, so that we
> can work out what is reasonable (or what the LEAs will accept). Please could
> you let me know rates for the following:
> 1.Note-takers
> 2.Amanuensis
> 3.Personal care
> 4.Dyslexia support
> 5. And also the charge you would add to this for your own costs

Here at Plymouth we would pay 5.65 per hour for the first three and
lecturer rate which I think is 23ukp approx for study skills or
similar for dyslexic students.  When we act as 'supervisors' for
student helpers, at the student's request, we charge 40ukp per term.
I hope you find this information helpful although I expect that our
rates are on the low side.  When similar charges were discussed on
Dis-forum a while back, the majority of contributors, particularly in
London, paid a higher hourly rate than us.

Alison Courtney

Alison Courtney
South West Regional Access Centre
Room 10, Babbage Building