> My query is regarding text-help packages for students with dyslexia.
> I have been asked whether this type of supprt should be available to
> individual students via their DSA award or should it be made
> available via the University PC networks to all students? What do you
> do at other establishments? What would you recommend? What packages
> do you use?

Where justified the student could have it supplied under the DSA
for their own computer, which could also be supplied under the DSA.

At university, a site licence will need to be purchased for network
use or individual copies can be installed on individual computers for
special needs use. Depends on your resources and the local need.

See http://www.loriens.com/

Regards
Paul Dilley, Technical Manager & dis-forum co-owner
Computer Centre for People with Disabilities, University of Westminster
** The London & South East Regional Access Centre ** NFAC **

Tel: +44 171 911 5000 Fax: +44 171 911 5162 http://www.wmin.ac.uk/ccpd/