Hi, I haven't taken much notice of these mailings because I thought the
little input I would be making would be a
a waste of time.  However, perhaps my fourpennorth is worth five after
all.  I had a 386 and took the gubbins out from the inside, put a pentium
in and hey presto for about 250 quid I got a computer on a par with ones
costing over 1,000quid.  - its just a thought.   We used to run a
graveyard for computers here, I will try and find out whether we still do
etc and come back to the group.  I agree that you don't necessarily need
top of the range equipment to study with, my friend still uses my old
Amstrad 1640 with a 9 pin dot matrix on her master's course.
regards
Maggie