> Date:          Tue, 15 Apr 1997 16:15:36 +0100
> From:          [log in to unmask] (CA Baxter - Academic Support Services)
> To:            [log in to unmask]
> Subject:       Re: Re: Lewisham LEA and DSAs

. I should like to congratulate Alison Courtney
> and her colleagues for withstanding the gruelling grilling which has
> enabled them to be in an advisory position to Devon re; their students
> , however as one who has fought for two terms for a Devon student with
> an additional disability I sometimes wonder at the usefulness of (pardon
> the expression) 'cosy local arrangements'.

Thank you for your congratulations.  However, I should like to point
out that it was never our intention to establish a 'cosy local arrangement'
but to act in the interests of our own students and those
from Devon studying at other institutions.  We still do not succeed
in getting all our recommendations accepted but we are pushing the
boundaries - surely this is helpful for everyone!

Alison Courtney

Alison Courtney
South West Regional Access Centre
Room 10, Babbage Building