--------------- Forwarded Message ---------------

From:   Steve Evans, INTERNET:[log in to unmask]
To:     Ken Edwards, 100344,2546
Date:   Fri, Jun 20, 1997, 10:37 pm

RE:     Re: ILS

Sender: [log in to unmask]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 17:37:44 -0400 (EDT)
To: Ken Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
From: [log in to unmask] (Steve Evans)
Subject: Re: ILS

Dear Ken,

There is a favor I would like to ask of you.  The existence of
a British poetics Listserv was mentioned to me (by you?) during
our recent stay in Cambridge/London, but I never got the details.

If it breaks no List protocol, would it be too much to ask you
to forward our announcement of the ILS to those readers?  I
reproduce the announcement below in case you have already deleted
the original.

The subscription is the same (US$25) for all subscribers (i.e. no
surcharge for overseas mail, our micro-gesture toward de-
provincialization).

Hope that all is well with you.  We're settling into a hot summer
here in Providence....

Yours,

Steve

=-=-=-=-=-=
The Impercipient Lecture Series (ILS) is a small-circulation pamphlet
series devoted to poetics.  Co-edited by Jennifer Moxley and Steve Evans,
it has come out monthly since February of this year.  While our print run
is limited by cost and labor considerations, we do manage to reach readers
in Australia, Canada, England, France, Mexico, Ireland, and South Africa,
as well as throughout the U.S.  Our issues to date are:

1.5 (June 1997)
"Imperturbable Things": On Still-Life Poetics by Beth Anderson [20pp;
forthcoming]

1.4 (May 1997)
Readings & Responses to Bob Perelman's _The Marginalization of Poetry_ by
Ron Silliman, Ann Lauterbach, Juliana Spahr, and Steve Evans; with a
Counter-Response by Bob Perelman [46pp; Limited number still available]

1.3 (April 1997)
The Ground Is the Only Figure by Rosmarie Waldrop [48pp; Out of Print]

1.2 (March 1997)
Radical Dogberry & Society Sketches by Chris Stroffolino [29pp; Out of
Print]

1.1 (February 1997)
The Dynamics of Literary Change by Steve Evans [54pp; Out of Print]

Subscriptions: $25 for 10 issues (individual); $40 (institutional); $5 for
single issues when available; non-profit reproduction of attributed
contents in non-electronic formats encouraged (i.e. xerox it for/from a
friend!).  On hiatus in August and December.  Checks payable to either
editor.

Submissions:  Unsolicited manuscripts cannot be considered but queries are
welcome.

                ILS
                61 E. Manning Street
                Providence RI 02906-4008
                E-mail: [log in to unmask]

     r         i         a          t         n         m        u
a         t         s          u         o          o        o        s