for those listmembers who are in the North-East and Yorkshire;
there is a great show of books by artists, artists books, books as
art at the Henry Moore Institute at Leeds;
(I may have missed it if someone mentioned this already, so excuse
the repetition)

the show runs until January and is well worth seeing
it includes works by Ian Hamilton Finlay, Simon Cutts, Lawrence
Weiner, Richard Long and loads more;

at the same time is a show 'at one remove' which deals with ideas of
art and translation,
again an interesting show, with works considering how we can see
someone hearing, how we interpret what we hear, and others;

also there is a one-day seminar on art and translation on December
4th;

Mark

Mark Leahy
School of English