        Reply to:   General semantics - Private reasons

Andrea,

It may be paranoia, but I feel my ears burning. If my annoyance showed, it
wasn't due to protectionism, but to finding my own inbox bursting with
arguments from more authorities than I would care to shake a stick at,
and none of them directed to the interesting questions originally raised. It's
fine with me if someone admires H & H, but that point registered with the
first post. And I'm probably equally uncivil in person, not that that's any
excuse . . .

My apologies to the tribes of inboxes, non-blockbusting publishers, and
academics who aren't hacks,

Trevor