agree with Ken - speaking as the person who may have triggered his previous

it was the quality of the conversation and of ideas forming that i thought
might be interesting to capture
though - i repeat, contrite - i will not parade them without author's
permission

the language of Info Tech is often noteworthy, interesting probably often
illuminating

capture

when you send print to a printer it is captured by the print queue

which is not the point i was going to make but is closely related

that we should remember that not only is our human space being altered by
such developments as email - re the derrida quote - but is being captured /
invaded / taken

in the last 48 hrs i have heard of the unseemly alliance of the Home
Secretary and the Last Straw to probably permit the police to bug us AND
developments in robotics and flying machines based on bugs AND developments
in micro machines AND developments in coding using DNA as a carrier so that
the backing store of all the computers in the world can be pinned to the
next generation of microprocessors

and that's only via Radio 4

just as there ain't no wilderness / garden so there ain't no privacy
only greater or lesser degrees of overhearing

and this in a  country where the RITE to remain silent has been compromised

this is major factor in our work I believe

PS and also - Ken - I am glad someone said that about Aidan Dun