Whilst a little surprised by the outrage at Ira, I can't really find it
too offensive - standing something on the virtual rostrum does mean it can
be shouted down, doesn't it?  I wouldn't have done so myself, but still.
It's hardly a response that we wouldn't -expect-, from someone with
opinions formed very much without this context.  And in that sense a
useful reminder; what's done here, by those here, will confound and
irritate as well as delight and edify.  Else, why would it be -here- and
not in the etcetcTLS?

Besides, critical comments, including plenty of my own, are frequently
mocked or maddening by/to list members.  Should poems get immunity?

I by no means agree with the comment, sorry if you're hurt Ira but I'd say
don't be