>CH say this project  "defines the future of publishing on the Web".
>Defines, mind you.

Don't be in any doubt. Here are sites and boundaries that will have to be
contested.

Not that 'resources' of the kind envisaged by CH should be resisted out of
hand, but that *alternative* resources with *very different* features,
qualities and content will have to be created and maintained in the face of
fearful momentum.

>All CH will be doing as regards this list will be providing an extra
>access point.

Understood. But surely we also need to know exactly how access will be
provided:

	- information on how to subscribe and what to expect?
	- an html/web browser form that all but does the subscription for you?
	- automatic subscription for anyone joining Mathew's Mistressclass?

>"to catalogue is not merely to ascertain ... but also to appropriate"
>(R. Barthes)

Elizabeth James' 'sig' seems very much too the point.

I wish I could've made this a poem.
Pass me a chisel someone, or better still, take your chisel to it, sisters!