On Sat, 22 Feb 1997, John Cayley wrote:

John, when I said that there were some non-words that I can't mention
here, I didn't say mayn't mention, so that leaves us with possibility.
There are some things which I am not necessarily interested in attempting
(vainly) to translate into this here medium.

The aforementioned vanity is in more than one the sense; to ascribe such a
hubristic role to our relationship with language actually devalues
language.  It doesn't work for me to give attention to the "not normally"
literate or vocal, and then to just call it all language anyway.