A batch of printed conference outlines are to hand, which all or any of
the organisers are welcome to copy to this list but I'll be damned if I'll
re-key, so the following information is selective:

_________________________________

POETICS AND CULTURAL STUDIES : THE ERIC MOTTRAM CONFERENCE 1997
A one-day conference Friday 19th Sept, Centre for English Studies, Senate
House, Mallet St, London tel 0171 6368000 x3052/3054

Organisers Will Rowe (Kings) Robert Hampson (Royal Holloway) Peterjon &
Yasmin Skelt (North & South)
Programme includes Jerome Rothenberg, Pierre Joris, Keith Tuma, Jeff
Nuttall, Lisa Raphals, Dale Carter & Allen Fisher

POSTMODERN POETRY A Day Conference
31st March 1998 Exmouth Campus, University of Plymouth

Organisers Tony Lopez & Philip Terry
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

Participants include Andrew Crozier, Rachel Blau DuPlessis, Lyn Hejinian
and John Kinsella; we invite papers on any aspect of contemporary
poetry...

SOMETHING WE HAVE THAT THEY DON'T : POSTWAR ANGLO AMERICAN POETIC
RELATIONS
A Two-day conference Friday 10th & Saturday 11th July 1998 Centre For
English Studies University of London

Organisers Stephen Clark ([log in to unmask]) & Mark Ford
Speakers include Helen Vendler and Marjorie Perloff; "series of concurrent
readings including Lyn Hejinian, Jorie Graham and John Ashbery".

Phew! Sure looks like the Research Assessment Exercise is starting to
bite...

Richard Caddel
Durham University Library, Stockton Rd., Durham DH1 3LY, UK
E-mail: R.I.Caddel @ durham.ac.uk
Phone: +44 (0)191 374 3044    Fax: +44 (0)191 374 7481
WWW: http://www.dur.ac.uk/~dul0ric

"Words! Pens are too light. Take a chisel to write."
                                - Basil Bunting