Chris, I use the internet quite frequently.  My output medium is
speech, Jaws for Windows and a Decktalk PC internal synthesizer.  I
use Pegasus as my mail browser, and Netscape Navigator and Internet
Explorer for surfing.  The major problem for me is the use of
graphics that do not have alternitive text and frames.  For more
information concerning access, point your web browser to:
HTTP://WWW.TRACE.WISC.EDU

Steve.

> Hi everyone,
> I'm an AB working for an internet publisher, primarily on sites for the
> disabled or those related to rehabilitation. Until last month I was
> incredibly naive when it came to the issues suurounding the disabled
> (like most AB's). Wow, a couple of weeks talking to disabled persons and
> reading the mail-list replies and it's surprising how things change.
> One issue has caught my attention however, are there many
> visually impaired subscribers to this list? How are you navigating the
> web? What software or hardware is generally used?
> My company (due to my suggestion) is looking to implement as full as
> possible compatibility with your hardware and software, how would we go
> about doing it?
> Your help in this matter would be very gratefully received, all
> suggestions would be helpful.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Chris Stowell

Steve Metcalfe
Division of Assistive Resources and Technology
University of Lincolnshire & Humberside, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1482 440550 ext. 4029
Fax: +44 (0)1482 441411
EMail [log in to unmask]