> >  I seem to remember some correspondence on suitable VDUUs for people with
> > Epilepsy. Does anyone have any info. on what might be usable for someone who
> > cannot use an ordinary SVGA  screen.

We wrote about this in the Autumn. We had a student who claimed he
needed a high-refresh rate screen. When Paul investigated he found
the the claimed rates only applied whe very little information was
being displayed. Given normal windows screens the rate dropped back
to about 80 Hz which is standard. We supplied an LCD display.

> Not a special monitor but special equipment to use a computer in our
> case. A student at Aston with photosensitive epilepsy obtained DSA
> This had been recommended by an epilepsy association but may not suit
> every student I imagine. She was also recommended to use a 100 Hz
> monitors wherever possible although a 75 Hz one would suffice.
Dave Laycock MBE

Head of CCPD, Chair of NFAC
Computer Centre for People with Disabilities
University of Westminster
72 Great Portland Street
London W1N 5AL

tel. 0171-911-5161