Patric, you need to get in contact with your local PACT.  This is a
department of the Employment Service.  They will arrange for the
staff member to claim financial assistance with travel, special
equipment and human support, under the Access to Work Scheme.  They
may ask for a contribution from the institution.

Steve.

> UCL currently has a member of staff with Motor Neuron Disease.  As you
> probably know, this is a debilitating and ultimately fatal condition.
> Because he cannot easily cope with public transport, the member of staff
> concerned has stopped coming into College, (his condition is steadily, and
> visibly, deteriorating) I have asked to provide funding towards a computer
> which would allow him to work at home.  Is there a government scheme to help
> with this and if so who do I contact?
> PATRICK MULCAHY
> Disability Co-ordinator
> Academic Services
> Registrar's Division
> University College London
> Gower Street
> London WC1E 6BT
> Tel: (0171) 391 1343 [voice or minicom]
> Fax: (0171) 380 7327
> E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Steve Metcalfe
Division of Assistive Resources and Technology
University of Lincolnshire & Humberside, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1482 440550 ext. 4029
Fax: +44 (0)1482 441411
EMail [log in to unmask]