These two (unrelated) topics have cropped up recently here. I decided
to seek final clarification from the VAT office and sent a letter
describing the DSA process in step by step detail. They replied in
writing that they had agreed to regard the process as not VATable.
Details of my letter and their reply will be posted shortly.

Likewise, we had a third year OT whose support had been inappropriate
where it existed and inadequate overall. I set out to discover how
the process for such students could be improved and have tracked down
the staff in Leeds. A meeting was held there today (Wednesday) which
agreed to include the issue and the Head of Student Grants, Paul
Matthews has asked me to call him on Monday. Following that, I shall
report what, if anything, is decided.

I suspect that the sheer low numbers of such students means that a
well oiled process is difficult to establish compared with the LEA
side- whatever its own shortcomings.

Dave Laycock MBE

Head of CCPD, Chair of NFAC
Computer Centre for People with Disabilities
University of Westminster
72 Great Portland Street
London W1N 5AL

tel. 0171-911-5161