I was asked to pass on the following by Solveig.

I am running a conference on 24 September which might be of interest to the
list members and I wondered if you'd be kind enough to pass the info on IF you
deem it relevant to the list. (if not dump it and forget about it!) I thought
I'd ask rather than mail it and upset anyone.

The title is Removing Barriers - a positive approach to the removal of
obstructions for people with disabilities. Its a day event, to be held at the
University of Brighton. Practical issues to be discussed include difficulties
encountered in accessing facilities within a building created by its
construction use or management; ways of optimising access through design,
planning and construction stages; good practice in HE, retail and leisure
establishments. The programme has been designed to cover a range of
perspectives and interests in terms of widening access. The speakers include
an architect, a building control officer, a local councillor, and
representatives from a supermarket, the leisure industry, a local federation
of disabled people, the university and the Fire Brigade.

The price is GBP50 plus VAT (58.75). If you require further info please do not
hesitate to contact me.

Many thanks for your time and attention

Solveig Grover
Solveig Grover, Conference Coordinator                         U
ITEL, University of Brighton, Brighton, East Sussex, UK      U
01273 642569 (tel) 01273 642405 (fax)                          U
[log in to unmask]  http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/itel        U