I just tried this application with the JFW screen reader but it was
not very successful.  There seems to be a conflict between the two
systems causing my machine to hang.

Steve.

> Apologies to those of you that are already familiar with this browser but
> we've just 'found' it and would like to share the good news.
>
> Opera runs under Windows (3 and 95), it's very fast and small, it's also
> quite cheap (shareware with a $30 registration fee for single copies). We're
> excited by it because it has good support for disabled users. All the
> functions are fully keyboard accessible (links are highlighted with marquees
> and can be tabbed to), there is a good range of colour and text size options
> allowing users with visual difficulties much improved access to web pages
> (graphical backgrounds can be replaced with plain colours etc). There is
> also a zoom feature but this seemed rather slow and buggy on the system we
> tried it on.
>
> We initially found Opera on a PCW cover disk (April 97) but couldn't get it
> to work. Downloading a new version from the makers web site fixed that.
> Point your browser at:
>      http://opera.nta.no
>
> Happy surfing.
>
> Phil Satchell
> Technical Project Officer, Office for Students with Disabilities
> Open University

Steve Metcalfe
Division of Assistive Resources and Technology
University of Lincolnshire & Humberside, UK
Tel: +44 (0)1482 440550 ext. 4029
Fax: +44 (0)1482 441411
EMail [log in to unmask]