Alison Cox recently wrote:

>Our computer services unit is reporting ongoing problems with our request
>install 'LUNAR for Windows' screen magnification software in any of the
main
>computer labs - because all the machines are networked.  As an interim
>solution, we are having to 'trolley' around 'standalone' machines with
LUNAR
>installed - for students, as required.

I have no difficulty running Lunar SVGA on a conventional networked PC but
is that the real problem? Is it that your computer services people want to
install Lunar on the server to allow it to run on any of the networked
machines? Dolphin's products are well protected with a system of moveable
tokens and to allow installation on a server would presumably compromise
that and therefore it would be surprising if Dolphin supported it.

The demo version of Lunar runs very happily from floppy disk. Could you
install your full version onto a floppy and have the student carry it around
with them? Or if not a floppy, how about a ZIP drive or more expensive still
an external hard disk?

Phil

Phil Satchell
Technical Project Officer, Office for Students with Disabilities
Open University