I agree with John Kinsella that the ideal for our needs now might be
something very like Wordsworth in conjunction with Prynne (though the
Prynne we already have might be, or might have become, more like that
than we are inclined to give credit for). Charles Bernstein has
suggested somewhere a combination of William Cowper and Prynne, at
least as an ideal for reading. Any further thoughts down this road?
 If anyone is interested in fresh thoughts on authorship and
reference in relation to the ecocentric grappling with the
homocentric, Lawrence Buell's The Environmental Imagination is worth
looking at. Peter

Peter Larkin
Philosophy & Literature Librarian
University of Warwick Library