Dear Jessalynn (if I may),

It would be great to have some information on the 13thc. cult of Peter the
Hermit; I've been collecting 13thc. references to him in connection with
the crusades. I can't remember--although I should!--if Jacques de Vitry
refers to Peter in his 'Historia Occidentalis', does he?  People seem to
forget that he was venerated as a 'beatus'. And don't you think that if he
founded a house for canons-regular, he fits  into the mold of the educated,
disgruntled, reformist, hermit/wandering preacher, future monastic founder,
so 'typical' of the late-11thc.? (The fact that he led a crusading force
becomes almost an irrelevance!)  The portrait of Peter the Hermit by
Guibert of Nogent leaves much to be desired; is it a caricature?

I'll be happy to look up the Premonstratensian references; and post them.

Gary Dickson
University of Edinburgh