Hi all...

I think I probably have to throw in a vote AGAINST two elements for
this.

While I can see the huge benefit for most of us (and a lot of users)
in being able to split things in this way (as so lucidly argued by
most of you), I went out and tried to grab a straw poll amongst a
selection of the Computing Service's 'normal' users. As I (almost)
expected, they were all hugely confused by the difference between the
two and tried to use them almost interchangeably.

In short, it seems like a good idea, but I think it'll confuse the
'casual' user...

Sorry,

Paul

  Paul Miller
  Graphics & GIS Advisor, University Computing Service
  University of Newcastle, Claremont Tower, Claremont Road, Newcastle
  upon Tyne NE1 7RU.    tel (0191) 222 8212/8039, fax (0191) 222 8765

  e-mail [log in to unmask]        WWW http://www.ncl.ac.uk/~napm1/
       [log in to unmask]         http://www.ncl.ac.uk/~ngraphic/