Eric Childress asks:
>Terry, could you clarify what you mean by IndexTerms?  It strikes
me that indexing practice will domain-specific and would normally
work off either one or more of the DC elements (or in most cases,
some sub-element).

I'm not proposing this for DC; I just mentioned it as part of
Docbook 3.0's metadata setup.  Previously you could put your
Indexterms only in the body of the text, even though we had added
a means for an Indexterm element to point to an element to whichi
it was applicable via an IDREF.  Now we've allowed you to
put some of all Indexterms inthe same metadata container that
holds the sets of Keywords, Subjects, and other bibliographic
meta.

The vocabulary used for indexing a book is indeed domain-specific,
but may also be work-specific, so Indexterms turn out to be
susceptible of having a somewhat different terminological
base than Abstract, Keywords, and Subjects.

Regards,
    Terry Allen    Fujitsu Software Corp.    [log in to unmask]
"In going on with these experiments, how many pretty systems do we build,
 which we soon find outselves obliged to destroy?" - Benjamin Franklin
  A Davenport Group Sponsor:  http://www.ora.com/davenport/index.html