As a recent enunciator of the phrase 'sweet f.a.' (on this forum), I'd like
to say I agree with everything Tim Cresswell says and almost everything
Denis Linehan says.   I currently occupy a liminal, unofficial space in
relation to study groups like the Women and Geography Study Group and the
Social and Cultural Study Group. Were they to leave the RGS/IBG, they'd be
moving in my direction, and I'd certainly stay with them! But I'm cautious
about setting up some kind of new organisational umbrella.  I admit to
certain luddite tendencies, but it does seem to me (pace Neil Smith) that
electronic communications provide such a good way of staying in touch and
organising occasional get-togethers that we don't need much more.
Hierarchical institutions are a pain.
Liz Bondi