The Tractatus Universi Iuris is a fascinating collection, extending even
beyond the French Tractatus tractatuum in reprinting medieval &
early-modern legal texts.  There are, however, problems in using it.
Some of the attributions are questionable, and the texts often are
updated or supplemented without any obvious notice of this being given.
I published an article on some of these problems some years ago.  It
started as my own effort to sort out some of the problems encountered in
dealing with the Vatican manuscripts of legal tracts.  Much of the
resulting clarification can be found in the Kuttner-Elze catalogue of
Vatican legal manuscripts.

tom izbicki