> Do any of you know of any men who, following their own conversion, made
> arrangements for their wives, and sometimes children, to also take holy
> orders.

1.  Wives and children cannot take holy orders;  the Church does not ordain women at all, and
the ordination of children has always been considered an abuse.  I think you mean, "enter
religious orders".

2.  When Abelard entered a monastery he "arranged" for Heloise to enter a convent.  His own
father, Berengar, had entered the religious life, but had neglected to make the arrangements for
his wife, Lucy.  Abelard himself helped her move into a convent - which may have given him the
idea of what to do with Heloise.  I suspect that for many people a monastery or convent was the
equivalent of a modern nursing home.

3.  As you are expert in Old French - I taught you! - you will know the Lai of Marie de France -
Eliduc, I think, but you can check - where Eliduc's wife enters a convent in order to make way for
his mistress.  Subsequently Eliduc and his new wife also get religion;  he enters a monastery,
and wife 2 enters the same convent as wife 1 - all very amicably.  But then, it is a fairy tale.

The supple doctor.