Like Caesarius of Heisterbach, Thomas de Cantimpre, or Salimbene (until
recently), Durandus is one of the most important 13thc. texts not to be
readily available in a decent, well-edited English version (or even, except
for Salimbene, in an excellent Latin edition).

I've looked at a French version of the 'Rationale', and it's fair. As I
recall, there was no proper scholarly introduction. I don't know if it's
the same translation as the one Otfried mentions. My notes are at home. But
neither the Neale/Webb, nor the Passmore, go very far towards a proper
English edition/translation. What Otfried says about a forthcoming new
Corpus Chris. ed. is the best news I've had in a long time.

The 13thc. is not well-served. Why is that? Migne runs out after Innocent
III (1216!). The most important 13thc. texts are often difficult to find,
or to use for scholarly purposes, and to obtain for students.

Gary Dickson
University of Edinburgh