Thus spoke Terry Allen (at least at 03:53 PM 11/29/96 -0800)
>DC's emphasis on semantics aside from
>syntax is a great virtue, and "subelement" reeks of SGML.  "Qualifier"
>is nicely neutral among means of qualifying.

Qualifier is fine by me.

>How rich a syntax must be required to support DC?  Are
>qualifiers on qualifiers contemplated?  (in SGML terms, are those
>"subelements" elements or attributes?)

We have not had qualifiers on qualifiers up to now, lets not extend the
model any more. So, in SGML-ese, Qualifiers are attributes, not elements.

Later,
Ron Daniel Jr.                       email: [log in to unmask]
Advanced Computing Lab               voice: +1 505 665 0597
MS B287                                fax: +1 505 665 4939
Los Alamos National Laboratory        http://www.acl.lanl.gov/~rdaniel/
Los Alamos, NM, USA  87545    obscure_term: "hyponym"