>I am working on a 13th c. manuscript consisting of sermons by pseudo-Thomas de
>Lisle now generally recognized to be Thomas Brito, OFM.  At least he is by
>Kaeppeli.
>Can any member of the list help find info on this Thomas Brito.  It appears he
>wrote around 1260.
>Joe Pope

Dear Joe,
It's a few days since you posted this, and I see you have one reply
already. My contribution may be completely wrong or irrelevant but here it
is anyway. Is this Thomas Brito to be identified at all with the
*Gulielmus* Brito , the author of a <Summa> or <Expositiones difficiliorum
verborum de biblia> and of interpretations of Jerome's prologues to the
books of the bible? The date would fit. See <Brito Metricus, a Medieval
Verse Treatise on Greek and Hebrew words> ed. Lloyd W. Daly (U.Pennsylvania
press, 1968).

Forgive me if I'm making a big mistake here and wasting everyone's time.
Cheers,
Brian

Brian Donaghey - Dept of English Language & Linguistics - Ext 6291