As I promised a week or so, there is now available on my homepage a paper on
what the Dublin Core calls "Relation" but what spatial-data catalogers are more
likely to call "multilevel description."  The paper is very definitely at an
early stage, and suggestions for improvement are welcome.  It is 2 parts - main
text in one, examples in another.  I'd be very interested in hearing/reading
about Relation as an element in other subject/format areas.

I should warn you that this paper is written for an audience of other
spatial-data catalogers, so it may tell many of you far more than you ever
wanted to know about multilevel description.

Address is:
http://www.library.ucsb.edu/people/larsgaard/

Mary Larsgaard
Alexandria Digital Library/Davidson Library
University of California, Santa Barbara