Now I really am confused! To George/Carolyn or whoever else does the
careful and humorous work of putting together the saints' days for each
day complete with colour commentary:

Where did the September 2 date for St Stephen of Hungary come from?
I thought I was puzzled enough, as per my post a few weeks back, about
why Stephen was feted on August 20 in Hungary but, at least now, on August 16
in the universal (Roman) calendar. Sigh, I always knew hagiography was
so difficult only the patient Belgians could attempt to sort it out. :-)

BTW, I think it was easier for Stephen, in the pre-information age, to go about
incognito than for Princess Di. The story is also told about the just
King Matthias of Hungary (of Corvinus library fame), so it obviously had
become a bit of a stock plot by that time.

Cheers,

Monica Sandor