     Dear All

     I wonder if anyone can help, I am David Debono, not a historian or
     such like but am very interested in medieval History, about time I
     came out of the darkness and announced myself I suppose.

     But to the question, I have been asked if there wsa any sort of
     award/recognition given to Monks or Brothers in the period 1300-1400
     or so that would have been the equivalent of a "Garter Knight" or some
     such, I appreciate that most of the orders at the time were noted for
     their dicipline, not owning property and so on, but there must, I
     would have thought, been a form of recognition, by the pope or
     whatever for good service?.

     I hope that makes some sort of sense and any thoughts greatly
     appreciated.

     David Debono