Michael has been thinking of beer and saints lately; good man! About two
years ago I started to compile a list of alcoholic refreshments and of
various foods that bore the name of saints. As I recall, this was even
mentioned in one of the newsletters of the Hagiography Society. There was
one person who sent me a rather lengthy list of such foods and drinks: our
fellow listmember from Tampere, Christian Kroetzl (hello, Christian, O
Silent One! :->). I'm glad Michael has raised the issue again, and I'll be
pleased to receive -- off-list, at my personal address -- any names that
you can provide. After a while, I'll post them on our medieval-religion
home page, where we can spiritually drink of the electronic elixir that is
our list.

Howzat?

George // [log in to unmask]