Oops, something went zap and my previous message went flying off before its
wings were entirely glued on.

I was recommending the Bibliographia Carmelitana Annualis, which as well
as being annual is ongoingly retrospective, if that is the correct term,
unembarrassedly picking up any items that have been missed since its
inception in 1954.  So I see in the latest issue to hand--BCA 1994, in
Carmelus 42:2 (1995)--a listing of Kirk Stevan Smith, The ecclesiology of
controversy: scripture, tradition and church in the theology of Thomas
Netter of Walden, 1372-1430 (Ph.D. thesis, Cornell, 1983).

Grover probably already knows about that one. However, a browse through
the BCA should turn up most of the scholarship on Netter since '53,
including perhaps some obscurer items which may not have appeared in the
main medieval and theological bibliographies.

The bibliographies which many of the older religious orders publish are,
it often seems, an underestimated resource. We Carmelites are ever moaning
and groaning about publications which show little acquaintance with recent
scholarship on the order and keep the old furphies doing the rounds. But
I suppose that is a different story.

--
Paul Chandler                       ||  Yarra Theological Union
[log in to unmask]   ||  Melbourne College of Divinity