> I'm a longtime lurker on this list doing my dissertation on the medieval
> ritual of churching in northern France. I've been searching through
> Schneyer's _Repertorium der Lateinischen Sermones_ for sermons on the
> Purification of the BVM. He refers to the Clm as a source for lots of
> interesting mss. that I would love to see but I'm having a hard time
> figuring out exactly what the Clm is and where it might be held. The
> abbreviation stands for Codex latinus monacensis and the original is at
> the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek in Munich but that's all I've been able
> to find out. Does anyone out there know more about this Codex and,
> especially, if any or all of it has ever been copied or is available
> someplace other than Munich?
> Paula Rieder
> University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign

Dear Paula,

Welcome to the world of the unlurked! You will note that there is a number
following the 'Clm'; this refers to the shelfmark of the manuscript used
by Schneyer. You can write to the Bayerische Staatsbibliothek in Munich
and ask if the appropriate manuscript(s) is/are available in microfilm,
and how much it would cost.

George Ferzoco