Dear colleagues,

I would be very grateful for some advice on a phrase or tag which I keep
coming across.  I'm reading thirteenth-century Parisian disputations
concerning usurious money and indeed I'm trying to finish an article on the
subject.  One loose end refuses to tied up!

The masters of Paris are discussing whether or not the obligation to make
restitution passes to others when they come into possession of money
which a usurer has taken in usury.  When it is argued that the obligation
does pass with the money or with other forms of usurious property, they often
conclude with the phrase: res transit cum onere suo, or something very
close.  It seems to be an authority, but it is not identified in editions
where it occurs and I have not been able to track it down.   Any
suggestions would be wonderful!

Ian Wei
University of Bristol