This is a note to thank the several people that e-mailed me privately
to support my opinion on humorous posts to this lists. Rather than e-
mail you all privately (I don't have THAT much time!), let me thank
you all here. I have read every one of your letters (there were
several), and appreciate your views and kind words!

I think we can strike a balance between serious and not-so-serious
postings, and maintain the friendly feel to the list. Again, I must
stress: if you don't like the occasional funny post, don't read it!

One reader has privately requested a limerick regarding a particularly
strange saint, of whom I have to research a bit to create a fitting
"five-liner". You should be seeing it in the next week or two, so
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. If you don't want to read it, delete it.

Tim Rayborn