Can I urge everyone on the critical geography forum and others who are fellows
or associate fellows of the RGS-IBG to sign the letter asking for a vote on the
resolution. This is a critical issue, and it is important to force the RGS-IBG
into recognising the force of the opposition at Strathclyde. It is also crucial
because it initiates a democratic procedure into the workings of the Society. A
vote is important, whether we win or lose, simply because voting on policy may
be a rather novel innovation for the society. It should also generate some more
publicity and show that the issue has not simply died away.

Chris Hamnett