> Stu, could you explain why you use the 'dot' convention
> for META element (ie DC.title). It does not seem
> like an elegant solution :-)

Renato,

The 'dot' convention was judged a simple alternative to the grouping
mechanism that Eric Miller proposed in a one page proposal that I
presented to the group at the workshop.  Some in the group that run
robots felt that it was too complex (they would have to rewrite code).

The 'dot' convention was also apparently similar to that used in IEEE
schemes, according to the  rep in the meeting from that community.

I am inclined to agree that it is not the most elegant implementation,
but I do think it is workable and everyone can live with it.  That is a
big win in my estimation.

stu