In message Fri, 21 Jun 1996 11:22:39 +0100 (BST),
  Francois Quiviger <[log in to unmask]>  writes:

> Dear list members,
>
> 	Being specialized in 16th and 17th centuries art and literature I
> am bound, sometimes, to ask questions to this list which may sound a bit
> naive. Anyway, my research focuses on relationships between art and
> meditation during the Counter Reformation, especially in Spain. I am very
> keen on comparison and was wondering whether there is such a thing as a
> basic article or book dealing with the *Devotio moderna* and the arts.

Dear Francois,
Out of my head I can give you two titles which are neither `6definitive nor
particularly systematic in nature' but maybe useful. The first is the work
done by James Marrow on books of hours and related topics. The second one is
a (short) article by Marlies Caron on art and the modern devotion; the last
one is in Dutch though. If you are interested in the correct titles, please
let me know, then I can make a proper search at home.
Bram van den Hoven van Genderen, University of Utrecht