Dear Francois

A few article which I read and found useful are

J. Hamburger "The Use of Images on the Pastoral Care of Nuns" Art
Bulletin 1990

J. Hamburger "The Visual and the Visionary: The Image in Late Medieval
Monastic Devotions" Viator 1989, p161-182

W.Hood "Saint Dominic's Manners of Prayer:Gestrues in Fra
Angelico's Cell Frescoes at S.Marco" Art Bulletin June 1986

J.H. Marrow "Symbol and Meaning in N'ern European Art in the Late
Middle Ages and the Early Renaissance" Simiolus 1986 p150-60

M.Camille Gothic Idol: Ideology and Image Making in Medieval Art
(Cambridge 1989)

I'm not an art expert, just a theology student, so I don't know if
they are what you are looking for, but I found these helpful when I
was trying to look at links between art and meditation. Hope it's of
some use. In my PhD I am looking at imagery and how images are used in
fourteeth century English spirituality in mysticism, so you are
welcome to anything of mine!

Louise Nelstrop
University of Birmingham