Folks,

My apologies, especially to Lorcan, for my silence over the past couple
weeks...  I'm behind on everything.  On a brighter note, however, I can
report an important piece of the puzzle is falling into place as a result
of the W3C Distributed Indexing Workshop in Boston at the end of May.

A working group of this workshop reached consensus about embedding metadata
in HTML that provides a relatively clear path forward for deploying
any formal metadata schema  in HTML.

A draft of these deliberations can be viewed at:

   http://www.oclc.org:5046/~weibel/html-meta.html

I would welcome your comments on this, but must caution you that the
working group is still twiddling with it a bit, so please don't cite it
or mirror it anywhere until it is official.

On another note, Amy Friedlander, managing editor of DLib magazine,
has asked me if we can have papers ready for her by July 1.  I told her
I thought that was reasonable.

stu