Several people have asked about whether or not we medieval-religionists
could get to know each other in person at Kalamazoo. I know that a while
back I suggested Saturday evening for a meal, but a few people indicated
that they found the traditional Saturday banquet, well, a tradition that
they'd rather maintain.

So, how about this:

Let's get together at the Thursday wine hour. The program ('programme' for
Brits) says, on page 32, that from 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. there will be a Wine
Hour hosted by the kind folk of Western Michigan University (bless them).
This will take place in the Valley II building, 'both sides'. I take this
to mean that there will be wine served in both the Eicher-Le Fevre and the
Harvey-Garneau sides of the building.

So, because we are a cosmopolitan bunch, and since 'Eicher' and 'Le Fevre'
are more exotic sounding than 'Harvey' and 'Garneau' (for some reason the
latter two names seem to me to be perfect names for astronauts; don't ask
me why), why don't we mill around the courtyard of Eicher-Le Fevre from 5
to 6ish while we sip our Chateau de Flint?

I'll be the tall thin one with the moustache, answering to 'Maurice'. Or
perhaps I'd better not, seeing as I'm shortish, not thin, sans moustache
(for a couple of years now) and answer to 'hey you'. Anyway, I'm sure we'll
find each other. Perhaps a standard, or 'palio', could be invented for the
occasion.

And while we chat ever so wittily about things medieval and religious (or,
preferably, about sport teams from Toronto, my home town), we could
see whether it's feasible or possible for some of us to go to a decent
restaurant for dinner after the wine hour.

Hoping to get to meet you at Kalamazoo,

George

Roma in Italia est.