dear all
jeremy goldberg,  who teaches here at York, is fond of using the relevant
case in seminars to discuss the possible role of women;  i can therefore
testify to the fact that the case does indeed exist.  one can find
commentary in J[aqueline?] Murray "On the origins and role of 'wise
women' in causes for annulment on the grounds of male impotence" in
Journal of medieval History vol.16 n.3 (1990).  I think that there is
some discussion over whether the women were respected widows,  or
prostitutes.  If you are all overcome with curiousity i will ask Jeremy
to supply me with the relevant details!
cheers
john arnold
centre for medieval studies,  york,   england