        Dear all
        I suscribed a few months ago, and am fond of this list, most
interesting and stimulating. But I did not present myself, as I find I
should have done.
        My name is Denis Hue. I usually teach french language and literature
of the Middle Age in the University of Rennes, and I am finishing a "these
d'etat" on the french poetry of XVth and XVIth century to the glory of the
Immaculate Conception in Rouen (the I.C. cult was a normand specificity
after Wace*). My poets knew, of course, a lot of theology and patristics,
but were also very attentive to the quotidian life. So I have texts in which
the Virgin is a gun saving the humanity, a lighter which inflames the love
fire  for a frozen humanity, etc. I have too ploughmen, usurers, jewellers,
sailors, a fox and bees...
        I work too in an association, "Diderot, l'encyclopedisme et autres",
which organises regular meetings about encyclopedism, from Aristote to the
CD Rom, but whtih special attention on the M.A. The next is in November
1996, and will be on "Censure et Interdits". You're welcome !

        *I've heard about a meeting about this in Southampton in June :
every information would be welcome.

Denis Hue
Universite de Rennes 2
dionysus minax dictus...