Dear Simon Coleman,

Your note about this conference interested me when you posted in a little
while ago to the medieval religion list.

I wonder if you have been thinking of opportunities for publishing the
papers? You might like to consider approaching the Journal of Religious
History (which I edit) for a thematic issue which would include the better
papers, after they were submitted to the usual refereeing process. Of
course, you may already have some other plan in mind.

Best wishes,

Hilary Carey

>Just to let people know that I and a colleague, Sarah Boss, are putting
>on a conference entitled 'The Virgin Mary: Representation and Devotion in
>Great Britain' on June 8 at Sarum College, 19 The Close, Salisbury. We're
>bringing together theologians, historians, art historians,
>anthropologists, etc., and a number of papers will involve themes that
>might be of interest to subscribers to medieval-religion: Sheridan Gilley
>will talk about the Wilton Diptych; Cathy Oakes will discuss Medieval
>English wall-paintings; another speaker will examine notions concerning the
>Immaculate Conception, etc.. If you'd like more information feel free to
>contact me by e-mail or Sarah at the Marian Study Centre, Dept. of
>Theology, LSU College of Higher Education, The Avenue, Southampton, SO17
>1BG, G.B..
>Thanks,
>Simon Coleman

Dr Hilary M. Carey
Editor, Journal of Religious History
http://www.blackwellpublishers.co.uk/webjourn.exe?1:00224227
History Department, University of Newcastle, NSW AUSTRALIA, 2308
ph: (011 61) 049 215209 fax: (011 61) 049 216940
email: [log in to unmask]