Dear friend:

We are writing to inform you that the International Interdisciplinary
Association of Medieval Philology (Young Medievalists) has been
established.  The need to take account of and to assemble young
scholars of the Middle Ages in an association that represents; that
facilitates their (scholarly) activity; that creates a forum for the
promotion of free scholarly interchange that is always growing; and
that offers suitable opportunities for their research, while wishing to
overcome the often segmented approach to the study of the Middle Ages
by fostering interdisciplinary relations:  these are the founding
principles that have inspired its formation.

The Association is comprised basically of young scholars of medieval
Latin, Romance, and Germanic philology, but naturally it is intended
for the broadest disciplinary range possible.  Our first objective is
the production of an interdisciplinary bibliographic bulletin of
regular members organized according to area of research; but we also
have many other initiatives that we intend to pursue,
and all are possible if you would like participate.

If you need further information, please contact us.

Thank you

Francesco Mosetti Casaretto
(president)

ASSOCIAZIONE GIOVANI MEDIVISTI c/o ORAZI
via il Prato 15, 50123 FIRENZE (ITALY)
e mail: [log in to unmask]