On Thu, 10 Oct 1996 08:29:17 +0100, Jel Coward wrote:
>87 year old lady liveswith 90 year old lady.  Some agitation and
>wandering reported by next door neighbour.
>
>On discharge from nursing home is "Off Legs" (?Depixol contributing -
>who knows? - legs worked well before) - Social Services arrange half an
>hour of Home Care in the evening!!
>
>I am told by his secretary that if the patient is not mobile then she
>cannot have a bed on the psychogeriatric ward!!  Even thoough discharge
>home is realistic and we are prepared for high level of input to acheive
>this.

My wife, who is one, tells me that the Psychiatrists can't decide
which is more PC - Old Age Psychiatry or Psychiatry for the Elderly -
she prefers Psychogeriatrics!

On the clinical question we're with you. The Psychiatrist should have
accepted your assessment that there was no acute medical problem.
Besides, the Depixol does sound the most likely cause if the dose was
anything more than homeopathic, so it was probably their fault anyway.

Dr David Evans
Cardiff